Have you ever thought of joining a hyper growth startup that s redefining its industry? Look no further! We are one of the fastest growing companies in our sector, using innovative technology and solving the hardest problems to bring African sports fans an unrivalled digital sports entertainment experience, online, offline, 24/7.
You will be a key member of the Product team and collaborate across all levels and departments within the organization. You have a deep passion for aggressively scaling consumer services. This individual will help lead the growth charge, with quick iteration and prioritization of initiatives that identify and capitalize on scalable channels for user growth.
As a Product Manager in Betking s Agency solutions and Products Squad, you will be co-leading and owning exciting features, products and services in this space. This role is an individual contributor one and requires exceptional collaboration skills. The key purpose of the Product Manager is to drive the conceptualization, development, and rapid testing of new features, building product strategy of tools, solutions, products for our Agent network in Africa.
This is a central role and requires a unique blend of business, technical acumen, and peer-to-peer collaboration; including the ability to zoom out and see the big picture, but also the willingness and intellectual prowess to zoom in to the finer details that need to be addressed when scaling features to millions of users. You will work closely with important stakeholders in the company to understand the market and the issues they face and to identify and implement innovative solutions for the broader market. Working across all areas of the company, you will serve as an internal/external liaison between engineering, design, operations, commercial, growth and executive management.
What you will be doing:
• Developing the strategy and vision for the Agency Solutions and Products* squad, working closely with the markets, Business Operations teams, product, data science, analytics, and engineers in the same squad
• Building and driving the roadmap and being accountable on the impact and outcome.
• Constantly surfacing and examining the opportunities from mining the wealth of data and prioritizing based on strategic ROI and impact.
• Drive massive upticks in owned metrics.
• Becoming the single point of contact of all Agency problems, their UI UX needs, product development, and managing competing priorities with tight constraints.
*: The tools for agencies can be APIs, Tablet and Mobile applications, Special Devices UI/UX and product development, Terminals, Web and Light Mobile web products, large screen terminals or solutions, touch enabled interfaces, Chatbots etc
What you need for this role:
• You have 6-12 years of work experience and have a degree from an accredited university
• Experience Merchant solutions, supply products, handheld terminal solutions, POS, Payments, SaaS etc. is beneficial
• Experience working with cross-functional teams of engineers and data scientists to deliver world-class products.
• Fluent in engineering concepts to capture technical requirements, and ability to translate them for non- technical audiences.
• Passion for getting data and increasing usage in the product because people love using it.
• Ability to effectively lead while also creating product specs, working through operations issues, and helping solve user and technology problems.
• You are an excellent communicator with any audience executive, business, design or technology.
• You are good at data analytics and love making value out of data
• You have a love of finding out of the box ways to solve problems
• You have a solid track record of driving massive user growth at consumer-facing start-ups/large organizations and have high user empathy
• You can seamlessly transition from high-level creative brainstorming to conducting and analyzing experiments and sweating the details
• You have a deep understanding social web, mobile platforms & social/viral mechanics
• You are team-focused and highly collaborative
• You have an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Super Fluent in English language, data analysis and product
• You are obsessed with getting things done and finding a way to do it
Who you are:
• Extremely Resilient and Experimentative
• Confident; Thrive under pressure
• Flexible: easily adapt to different styles, working models
• Results-oriented: purpose before process.
• Knows then to buy vs. build
• Great stakeholder management
• Fun to work with
• Continuous learner & Very curious